Is there one word that you continually misspell? Mine is sergeant. If I skip a few days between uses, I have to look it up. Drives me crazy! I finally wrote it on a sticky note and stuck it to the desk beneath my keyboard.
I feel like I’m cheating on a test every time I have to peek. Maybe I’m just too much of a perfectionist, expecting total recall of all spelling facts. But spelling facts are squishy; spelling is still variable and unpredictable, no matter how we try to tame our written words using dictionaries and thesauri.
Besides, you have to choose sides if your primary language is English. Will you choose the British way or the American way? Speaking as an American who reads more than her fair share of British authors, it’s tough to make the adjustment. I prefer grey to gray. It’s prettier.
Don’t roll your eyes at me.
How is everyone out there in NaNoWriMo land? If you want to join me as one of my writing buddies, my handle is go2thebook. Go, go, go!
Sunday – Wednesday PROGRESS:
- Wednesday’s ROW80 check-in. DONE
- Comment on other’s blogs. DONE
- Complete Friday post for author blog. Not started.
- Draft a post for Christ’s Reflections blog for two weeks from now. Working.
- Social media:
- Facebook (reconnect with people from my past and my present) DONE
- Twitter (3X/day) Almost
- NaNoWriMo – average 2,000 words/day for 10,000 additional words by next Saturday 11/8. My average has been 1,067. I had a surge of 2500+ yesterday so maybe there’s hope. My current total is 6,388 words.
- Critique for someone in my critique group. DONE
Thursday – Saturday Goals:
- Sunday’s ROW80 Check-in.
- Comment on other’s blogs.
- Complete the blog post for Friday and fire up another one for the following week.
- Social media
- Facebook (reconnect with people from my past and my present)
- Twitter (3X/day)
- Continue NaNoWriMo – The goal is still 2,000 words per day or 10,000 words/ by Saturday, 11/8.
How are you doing on your ROW80 goals?