How do you “cheat” at NaNoWriMo?Yesterday evening, I was tired and sick and sick and tired, and I was certain that adding more to the story would be disastrous. But I was 800 words away from my goal for the day!
What to do? What to do? Copy names from the phone book? Entries from the encyclopedia? You know–sort of a filibuster. But I had a brain wave and decided to journal in the voice of my MC about what she “thought” of the plot so far.
I let her write whatever popped into her head without checking her spelling or grammar. Believe me, she thought of stuff I hadn’t. That was an easy and valuable exercise. I’ll use some of that interior dialogue in my story, and I’ll let her “journal” again soon.
If you are participating in NaNoWriMo, tell me how you’re doing?
Sunday – Wednesday PROGRESS:
- Wednesday’s ROW80 check-in. DONE
- Comment on other’s blogs. DONE
- Draft Friday post for author blog by Wednesday. IN PROGRESS
- Draft a post for Christ’s Reflections blog for Monday, 11/18. IN PROGRESS
- Social media:
- Facebook (reconnect with people from my past and my present) YES
- Twitter (3X/day) NOT AS MUCH.
- NaNoWriMo – average 2,183 words/day for 27,000 total words by next Saturday, 11/16. I am about 1,000 words off of my intended pace at this writing.
- Critique for someone in my critique group on Monday. NOT YET; however, I critiqued a flash fiction piece for someone else and wrote two reviews on Tuesday.
Thursday – Saturday GOALS:
- Sunday’s ROW80 Check-in.
- Comment on other’s blogs.
- Complete the blog post for Friday and fire up another one for the following week.
- Social media
- Facebook (reconnect with people from my past and my present)
- Twitter (3X/day)
- Continue NaNoWriMo – 27,000 total words by next Saturday, 11/16.
How are you doing on your ROW80 goals?