A Day Late
In spite of a number of commitments outside the house, I made most of my goals with the exception that posting this status is a day late. I’ll take it!
Christmas is almost here, and I haven’t started. This is typical behavior. To help me get in the mood, parts of my Friday Favorites post concentrated on Christmas-y things like the US Air Force Band Flash Mob at the Smithsonian a few days ago. Their performance was superb. Go see the post; I think you’ll enjoy it.
I also managed to post Searching the Scriptures in Vain – Part II on ChristsReflections.com. Part III is most of the way ready, too.
But best of all, I made my 5,000 word count goal on the WIP by my Saturday deadline.
This is a major step forward for me. I’m keeping a spreadsheet, now, to help me track the real progress toward the finish line for my second book.
Having to post the count every day makes the progress or lack of progress real, and seeing the word count go up feels so good!
Thursday – Saturday PROGRESS:
- Sunday’s ROW80 Check-in. DONE
- Comment on other’s blogs. DONE
- Complete the blog post for Friday and fire up another one for the following week. DONE and not yet
- Social media
- Facebook (reconnect with people from my past and my present) DONE
- Twitter (3X/day) I did better on this.
- Complete business plan for my new editing business. – NO PROGRESS for the last few days.
- Complete 5,000 words on WIP. YES!!!
Sunday – Wednesday GOALS:
- Wednesday’s ROW80 check-in.
- Comment on other’s blogs.
- Draft Friday post for author blog by Wednesday.
- Publish Part III on Christ’s Reflections.
- Draft a post for Christ’s Reflections blog for Monday, 12/23.
- Social media:
- Facebook (reconnect with people from my past and my present)
- Twitter (3X/day)
- Critique for a member of my critique group on Monday.
- Continue work on business plan.
- Complete 2,500 words on WIP by Wednesday.
Is this our last or almost last ROW80 check-in? I’ve lost count. How are you doing on your goals?